Poke You With My Sticks

Welcome to my new Pad

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Hello. Glad you found me, again. Pull up a chair, get comfy, have a good look around. Like my new look?

There is a sidebar full of buttons and archives and such on the right. When I posted it all shifted down the page. Not sure why, I'll have to fiddle with it later.

Most of you know I have been wanting to redesign my blog for months now. It took awhile, but I managed to find a designer that didn't cost an arm and a leg, and Michelle (I as going to link her, but the site seems to be down right now. I'll edit when it comes up.) was great. I found the picture in the header, and told her what colors I wanted. And the rest was all her doing. It's amazing how well she captured my personality. The swirlies are totally me. Take a look at the girl in the header. Do you see it? There's a shadow of a ball of yarn with knitting needles. What a neat extra touch, huh? I am totally loving the new look. So....What do you think?

I wasn't going to blog this week-end. I've been sick for two weeks now, and just not feeling all that great. The technical diagnosis is labyrinthitis. My Dr. is stumped as to why I'm still feeling symptoms though. Today I haven't had any problems, yesterday was really bad. It's kind of amusing...As a child everyone called me Dizzy Lizzy. And now I really am. But anyways, like I was saying. I wasn't going to blog this week-end, but something happened. Something so good, I had no choice but to blog about it.

A few weeks ago, the girls and I drove an hour to a new knitting shop in Emporia, Knitting Chocolate. We had a blast. I've heard stock has doubled since our last visit, which could be bad news for the hubby, hehe. Melissa (The owner) is a really nice gal, very easy to talk to. So I did. And it came up that I love knitting socks. *I wouldn't say that I'm a pro, but I like to think I'm up there in sock knitting land.* Melissa mentioned wanting to offer a sock class and needing a teacher, and would I do it. Of course, I said I would love to. In retrospect, I never really expected anything to come of it.
So today, Pam (from knit night) gives me a call from Knitting Chocolate. Melissa wanted to know if I had gotten her e-mails about the sock class, which I haven't. And then Pam says, "Oh. Well she needs to know when You want to do them because she has nine people signed up already." NINE people, already! And now my head is really spinning. I mean, sure I knit socks, and it can't be too hard to teach. But me? ME? I am going to go see Melissa Thursday to work out all the details, because, yes, I do intend to do this. But people, I am scared shitless! What if I suck at teaching? What if I confuse them? Give to much info? Not enough info? What if they hate the class? Will I meet their expectations? I'm haunted by visions of knitters throwing double points at me screaming for their money back. I have never been to a knitting class, so I don't know how to go about this. I know it can't be too hard, but...Oh, my head.

And this is where you come in...I really need some help here. I don't know where to start. Is there anything I should know as a "new teacher"? Anything I should/shouldn't do? Melissa said she was going to get some Cherry Tree Hill Supermerino Worsted, so we can start out on size 4 or 5 DPN's. Works for me, I think I have a good free pattern I can use. That's all I have for now.I don't even know what to ask you guys, so I'll leave it at this.... What would you want out of a beginner sock knitting class?


Oh, and one more thing. Look what I did this week...


Jaywalkers #2, with Socks That Rock Alina. I am so loving this yarn!