Poke You With My Sticks

I am so freakin pissed off right now!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Edit: It's now 5:50pm on Thursday, I posted right around midnight....But does bloglines pick up the feed? Of course not.


O.K. First off, in retrospect I know this is something little, and I need/will get over it. But right now, I need to vent! And knowing there are knitter's out there who will understand helps me.

I've mentioned before that I can be anal about things (Ohh that's gonna get me some nasty google hits). One of my so called issues, when I go to bed, everything has to be done. Clean house, toys put away. (I admit I have been slacking lately on the housework but none the less) I don't like going to bed when something's unfinished. So here I am, just about midnight and look what I have:

Jaywalker #2 almost complete using Socks That Rock Alina. First off, I hate pooling, but I can live with it if it isn't too bad. It would be nice if the pooling at least matched though. As you can see, it doesn't. That's not what ticks me off the most though. You see that strand of yarn to the right? That's what's left. A whole 25 inches, and I have 26 rows left (four regular and then the toe decreases) Clearly, my small size 6.5 feet are really not so small after all. I have heard of people running out of STR but I was sure I wouldn't, seeing as though all my life I got picked on for having small feet. Liars.
So what's a girl to do? Do you realize how hard it's going to be for me to get to sleep tonight? I don't have anything in my stash to use for the toes. I don't want solid color toes. of course, two toes is better than no toes, no matter how you get them.

And you know what gets me? My "formula" is nearly identical to Cara's.

Size 1 addis. Check.
76 sts cast on. Check.
12 rows of ribbing and 25 repeats. Check. (Although I did 6 ribbing and 28 repeats, it comes out the same.
Foot measurement of 8.5". Wouldn't you know, mine measure 8.5" sooo Check.

AND YET I RAN OUT OF YARN!!!!! WTF!!!!!


So like I said at the beginning of this post...there are worse things, and I'll get over it, eventually. In the meantime, I'm giving the evil eye to the other skein of STR I have, that's already wound into a ball. Clearly, it won't get used anytime soon. Which sucks, because I like the STR yarn A LOT.

I'll leave you with this picture for now, so I can go stew on this a little more.

What's this you ask? My final SP6 came this week. Emily was dieing to see what was in it. Are you?