Poke You With My Sticks

Great Minds think alike because 'A' is for...

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Anniversary!

Today was the one year anniversary for our knitting group so of course we had to get together for some knitting and great food. We hung out at Becky's amazingly warm and cozy real log house. I swear, I didn't want to leave. I don't want to get all sappy about it, but I really love the gals in my knitting group. They've been so good to me this last year. And anyone who can put up with my incessant talking...well they deserve medals for that.
Here we are:
Top row, left to right: Sandy, Becky, Pam, and Emmy
Bottom row, left to right: Lindy, Me, and Beth

I promise Emmy and Pam don't always look grumpy, it was bitter cold out there! And we're all wearing semi-matching scarves. We played a little game, Emmy describes it well. She also explains the "Great Minds Think Alike" title of tonight's post so go to her blog for details. Sorry folks, but I'm do darn lazy to type it all out after emmy already did :) I am quite amused that we even had the same ideas for pictures. Speaking of Emmy, here she is. Gotta love blogging the blogger.




Here's the cake I brought. Nothing fancy but it sure was good. It says "Knit 1, Purl 2". Not very well written but not bad for store bought.


And now onto other things...A little hodge podge if you will.
I think I have my jaywalker problem taken care of. I give more details when I'm sure of them.
Sock class details have been taken care of and I am absolutely thrilled with how it worked out. (Except the yarn....But that's a story for another day.) We start in February and I can't wait.
I have finished the front of the Ella Rae t-shirt and suspect I will have the back done tomorrow. I'm to the armhole shaping now. It's knitting up really fast!
I still need to take pictures of everything in that bog ol' secret pal box. As soon as I can, you'll see em'. (And I need to e-mail SP and thank the girl! I promise I will soon.)
I'm coveting this sweater now, it's called Salina, and made with Rowan Felted tweed. Any thoughts on this yarn? I've almost ordered the book 10 times tonight. I put it in my shopping cart, close the window, google the book, put it in my cart...Repeat.
I did some kick ass stash enhancement too. New silk sock yarn, and a lace project in the works.


I had planned on blogging all this stuff the last couple days. Instead, I've been trying to get bloglines to pick up the feed for this blog. Argh! Until someone can get it working, I'll use the
old blog to let you know of updates. Sorry folks. It sucks. Trust me, I know.

I feel like I'm leaving something out. So many things I wanted to mention....Not so many brain cells left at midnight to do it. Oh well... I'm off to bed. Those gals wore me out today!