Poke You With My Sticks

Been a while....

Friday, March 17, 2006

Yes this is a knitting blog. Yes, I have been knitting. I just haven't been posting any in-progress details.

Up first...felted bag. the pattern is called Vertical Stripes by Pick Up Sticks. It was quick and oh so easy. I started out on the recommended needle size and it was really small so I went up two sizes. Of course, now the bag is bigger than the pattern, but I actually prefer it this way. I used Patons classic wool. 3 skein of grey and 1 skein of red.

Before:


After: (not the best picture, but you can get the gist of it) I want to line it but can't find any fabric I like. Partly because I have to buy it online now :) I want a white fabric with red paisley on it. Know where I can find it?



I'm sure you've heard of Comfort Jef.... I have to admit, this is my first ever "charity knitting". When I read about Christine's brother I cried so hard. And to be honest, I don't think it was so much because of what they were going through. (That sounds bad, but of course that was part of it.) I cried more because she obviously has a very close relationship with her brother. Something I always wanted with my brother and never had.



And now for the surprise finale. You remember that great Christmas present I received? And all the time spent knitting it? I never really went into details as to why it ended up in the bad pile. And it's been sitting there for weeks silently mocking me. Well I woke up this past Wednesday and decided I was going to seam this bitch up....NO matter what. And I'm pleased to say, I did it. There was some fudging involved, but it worked out. The only complaint I have...The sleeves are too snug to wear a long sleeve shirt underneath. Not a bad thing, except that the yarn made me itch quite a bit. Other than that, the fit is perfect. In the picture, it looks too short, but it falls below my belly button. Oh...And my facial expression...I had a really bad night before the pictures were taken and I was really pissed off. And yet, I still had the hubby take pictures for the blog. Clearly, I have issues ;)



I like the picture of the back better. No goofy face, and it looks longer.




I took my Mom to get her haircut two weeks ago...And I couldn't resist going under the scissors as well. Those of you who know me, know that I don't just get a trim. It's all or nothing.

Before:



After:


Again, not the best picture. But you can tell I chopped off a lot. And I LOVE it! No blow dryer anymore...No curling (not that I did that before). Heck, after a shower, I don't even need a comb. I towel dry, run my fingers through it, and I'm all set. Totally Love it!

Phew! I think I've just about caught you up on what's been going on here. There are some not so great things going on with my Knitting group, but I don't think I want to post about it just yet. It really is a sad situtation, and I've pretty much decided not to be a part of the group anymore. I feel like I lost my family. Some might say I chose to give it up, but I feel like it's the best thing for me....Either way you look at it, it just plain sucks. So excuse me for a moment while I throw myself a pity party or two.


I'm off to knit...And veg out. And enjoy life.