Poke You With My Sticks

C is for Catching up...If you want to call it that

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I have been thinking about what to use for my 'C' post for three weeks now. And I came up with quite a few ideas, but nothing was just right. Although my thanks go out to , who in my comments suggested "C is for complaining." Now why didn't I think of that one?
My 'C' List:
Cats (all three of 'em)
Children (all two of 'em)
Crayola (My crayola stash could supply my sons entire second grade class. I love buying
crayons, markers, etc. and always stock up at the back to school sales.)
Cupcakes....Mmmmm. I have a chocolate one right now. Love it.
Crap- weather, knitting
So I had quite a few choices, not were worthy enough so having that said....

C is for Cheating...I'm moving on to 'D', hopefully.

So tax season is upon us. We didn't exactly rake it in this year, but we didn't have to pay either. I won't bore you with the details but we bought some new end tables, movies stand, and tv stand for our living room. We tossed the old entertainment center and have a TON more space now. I've had all of my yarn stashed in the corner but the pile really was looking crazy, so I had to do something about it. I packed up some of my old books to make room and came up with this:

I put a couple boxes in the attic, but it's all stuff that I will never use or sell (no one would buy it). I totally love this, and it looks cool in the living room. Of course, it's not as big as other stash's I've seen but it works. The top shelf is all sock yarn. Next is all 100% wool. Third shelf down has a little bit of everything, and the bottom is cotton/loin brand stuff (yeah yeah...I know what you're thinking.) That basket on top is full of my yarn odds and ends. I like being able to see what I have now. Not that it matters right now....

Which brings us to my next ramble. I'm in a rut. I mean a huge rut. Hubby is trying to convince me to go away for a couple days, by myself (because I have no girlfriends to go away) and relax. He told me to fly somewhere for five days. Um, right. Any ideas where exactly I'm supposed to go on a limited budget?

My biggest issue right now is I want to make a sweater. Don't ask me why, I just really want one. The ella rae sweater is still not going to be talked about. I bought a bag of kureyon (10 skeins) for a sweater from a Noro book, ended up having to go down needle size, and would've had to buy at least four more skeins of the yarn. 14 skeins of itchy kureyon for a sweater. No thanks. So I scratched that. And then decided to start Rogue with the bartlett yarn I bought. It started off good. I knitted about 15 rows and went to bed. And woke up during the night with very itchy fingers. The under-the-skin-itch that won't go away. It took 24 hours for the itching/burning to stop. I have a swatch that was washed but it didn't soften up nearly enough for me. If I am reacting to it that much, clearly it's not something I want on my skin. So that's out.... Anyone want to buy 7 skeins of glen tweed?

Maybe it's the bigger needles that's killing me?

I did make some small needle progress. Here's my completed Mary ella. It's made with pearl cotton thread and 11/0 seed beads on 0000 double points. Surprisingly, it was fast and easy. Although I had a slow start. I say it often here, but I can be anal about things. There were 5 or 6 different shades of pink beads in the set I bought, and I seriously tried to separate them and string them in order. I got two colors done before I said the hell with it. I put them on the thread without looking. I'm pleased with the overall look. It only took me two days to make it. I have grey thread and clear beads to use for my next one.

It's a perfect fit and way cute.

I'm also working on Jaywalker two with more Vesper yarn. I just love it. Because of the "need to make a sweater" itch, these are taking a long time to make. This is the first sock and it's been on the needles for three weeks now. I'm expecting some new Socks that Rock soon, in some new colors not on the website yet, so I'm using that to motivate me to get these finished. I only work on one set of socks at a time, and when that yarn gets here it's going to be hard not to use it. See anything else in the picture? I was at the local grocery store today and the Easter shelves are starting to fill up. These are two of my favorite treats so I had to have them. Yummy!

The boys have been acting funny ever since we rearranged the living room. I've caught them sleeping like this the last four nights...Before that, never saw them like this. All together now.....

Awwwwwww.................