Poke You With My Sticks

As promised

Saturday, June 10, 2006

How about a Finished Object week-end update.

First up we have Salina, from Rowan Vintage style. I finished the actual sweater about two months ago but the sleeves were way too long. So it just sat and waited for me. I don't remember much of the details. I used Rowan Felted tweed in Herb, on size 5's I think. Sadly, I've lost quite a bit of weight since I finished Salina, and she's now pretty baggy on me. The weight loss isn't sad, it's the size of the sweater. I like oversized sweaters so it shoudn't be a problem.
Anyhow...About two weeks ago I finally got up the courage to fix the sleeves. Courage for what? I cut the sleeves to shorten them. Yes, I took pointy ass scissors and cut through my knitting. I really wasn't bad, and easier than I expected. I also made the collar just a tad too short so it likes stand up. I think I'll just tack the collar corners down with some thread.
The pattern was very easy and the yarn totally rocked. I would definately knit with it again.





Up next...Butterfly camisole from Rowan 37. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this camisole. She hasn't made her public debut yet. I was going to wear it at SoXperience, but as sick as I was, and only having a porta-potty for the day, I didn't dare risk it. I did take it and show her off. I couldn't resist :)
This pattern was a piece of work. I read the 37 pages of posts for the knit-along at craftster.org, and was really worried about this project. I decided to knit it flat, as the directions stated. Warning to anyone who plans on knitting this....For some sizes, the chart is wrong. And you really need to add in selvedge stitches. I took a nice quiet Saturday afternoon and sat down and recharted the entire thing. It was a pain but very worth it. Once I had the pattern charted in a way that works I didn't have any problems. In fact, I knit the front and back in just under three days. Seaming lace is a bitch, but I managed. I think weaving ends was the worst part. For my size I should've needed 3 balls of Kid silk Haze but I didn't even use half of the second ball! I blocked it twice. Once before seaming but it was a little snug so I did a second time and it's much better. A little longer than I wanted, but I'll manage. I feel like I'm forgetting something....

I should warn you, as usual, the Hubby is not too good at taking pictures. These were the only decent two out of 15 or so. When I wear it out, I'll get someone else to take a few pictures.



Close up.


My thoughts are really scattered right now. I have so many little things that I'm trying to remember to say. I've been writing this post for three hours, off an on. So if it sounds a little corny, sorry.

Oh..Guess what I realized today... I signed up for the Amazing Lace and never posted my introduction. Oops... I finished my lace before I even "started". I wonder if I'm the only one? I'm signing up for this one tomorrow morning... Knit Sock Kit Swap I think this one will be a lot of fun. Now if only I could decide if I want to be part of the "Eff the Math" group or the "I Heart Algebra" group. I'm in the middle...Eff the math is sort of too easy, but algebra might be a little too much. Must sleep on it.


I'll leave you with some pictures of the Family. Grandmom and Pop-Pop bought the kids one of those big 16 foot pools. The kind where the sides come up as the water fills it. We have low water pressure, and it took ten hours to fill! It's worth it though. The kids were in it all afternoon and Emily had purple lips when she was done. It was a little chilly out there....

Here's Christian and our neighbor Abby.


And Emily with Daddy (Jason).


Up next.... SoXperience pictures, stories, and Yarn sale soon.