Poke You With My Sticks

Knit Sock Kit Swap ?'s

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I joined the Knit Sock Kit Swap...I'm looking forward to getting started. Now if only I could find some good Fabric resources. *Remember, I don't shop at JoAnns anymore* Here's my questionnaire:

*edit to add* Sorry KSKS pal...I was distracted by my "I'm bored, three days into summer" Kids and left some stuff out. I added a few things here and there. Sorry! (and of course, these are all just suggestions!)


What are your favorite colors? Pink (I'm trying to break away from too much pink), Green, yellow, Blue . *edit to add* I really like bright colors.

Are you a new sock knitter? Not really, but I'm still learning all the different techniques

How long have you been knitting socks? Maybe a year and a half?

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Hmm..I have to say I really like the multicolored ones

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? I don't know that I prefer a certain fiber, but I really like the sproingy sock yarns. *edit to add* Nothing that's going to be rough on the hands

Where do you usually knit socks? Starting this week, at t-ball practice. 2 kids=6 practices a week. I anticipate finishing a lot of socks between now and August 1.

How do you usually carry/store small projects? A small zipper bag from target. Or one of the various totes that I made.

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? I don't really have a favorite pattern.

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? I quite like the short row heel/toe if I could ever master it. And the Turkish caston/ Magic cast on.

What new techniques would you like to try? I've considered trying the 2 socks, 2 circulars. But I can't bring myself to spend the money on another pair of Addi's that I can get by, without. *edit to add* I completely forgot about the mitered socks from SoXperience! Carodan Farm launched their new websire yesterday and I was looking around, saw the pattern and said duh! I kicked myself for not taking that class...but I still want to try those socks. Here's the pattern so you can see what I'm talking about.

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? I've been on a magic loop kick lately, but I like dpn's a lot.

What are some of your favorite yarns? I've been using a lot of the hand-dyed yarns lately. Like I said before, I really like the sproingy yarns. Claudia's Handpainted is a good one too.

What yarn do you totally covet? Schaefer Anne (there's this red colorway that I can't find anywhere! It's just red, several shade of red) koigu *edit to add* THere's this color by Sundara Yarn, called Orange Zest...It was just bright orange and bright yellow. I would kill for it! Wether it be by Sundara or someone else. I've been searching for anything similar ever since. I found one, but it had some peach mixed in.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? Not that I know of *edit to add* yeah, that mitered sock pattern calls for three skeins of koigu.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Bamboo, but the little ones bend too much!

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? This question requires too much thought from me. Moving on...

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? I have a huge sweet tooth and love most candies.

What's your favorite animal? Cats

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? three Cats. Smudge, Tommy and Leo

If you were a color what color would you be? Green

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else's).. It's a black cotton t-shirt with a fairy on the front.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? I love the ocean.

Tell me the best quote you've ever heard or read. "Let us be close throughout the years, When one cries the other tastes tears." and "The real killer was when you married the wrong person but had the right children."

Do you have a wishlist? I have an amazon list, but I keep buying the stuff I put on the list.

Anything else you'd like to share with the group today? Reading over my answers, I sound a little picky. Rest assure, I'm open to almost anything and I'm positive I'll like whatever you come up with. Have fun!

And there you have it!

Knitting hasn't been much the last couple days. T-ball started this week, practice is 5 days a week between both kiddos. Hopefully, I'll get some good knitting time in. How about some kitty pictures? A few weeks ago, when knitting butterfly, I had some company. Smudge was happily sleeping near me, when Leo (the one with the most white fur) decided to interrupt.

Moving in...



Settling down. Notice Smudge's ears and face... Boy was she pissed.


Ahhhh...All comfy now. At this point Smudge's tail was all over the place.


And five minutes later.... All better. Of course, two minutes after that, Leo attacked. He loves to get Smudge scared, let her guard down, and then he goes in for the kill. Little punk!